Thesis Project - Update #3

Before Class

The night before class, I decided to watch an informative video on Youtube about the housing crisis in Hong Kong. People commonly think that the government cannot built enough housing units for its residents due to the lack of land. In the video, they brought up the fact that there are lots of areas to build on. However, the land belongs to private developers, who have kept the land undeveloped. Could the private developers hold onto the land hoping the government gives them a large sum of money, or do they plan to use the land to construct more luxury homes? In addition, the video mentions how building an artificial island destroys marine life for aquatic animals.

After Class

After I presented my thesis topic to the class, Professor Jill suggested I conduct more research. It would be better if I find current solutions in other areas of the world that exist in a similar situation as Hong Kong. During the upcoming break, I plan to develop more research points based on the Miro Board. 

Comments